I’m Holding You




listen to the breeze

don’t go back 
to useless self-talk
it’s a treacherous minefield

listen
as it covers you
in cool, gentle caresses
in the most delicate
of kisses
and whispers softly
like a lover
secrets in your ear:

what are you afraid of?
we’re all friends 
lovers and allies
there are 
no enemies here

the sky and the clouds
the trees and the breeze
the flowers and the beasts

open the gates
to your heart
tell the guards
to go home

listen 
listen deeply
and you’ll hear
our hearts beat
as one

and feel
the web of life
weaving in and out of you
into all
into me

let go 
for God’s sake
let go!

I’m holding you
I’m holding you
I’m holding you


30th august 2015

from the upcoming book: "The Truth Is Love"

image: with thanks via Iraj Jahanshahi on facebook

for a copy of "Set My Heart On Fire" in pakistan nalayn publications

in South Africa intent publishing

and internationally via amazon

Free pdf book by author

Comments

Popular Posts